Rss Feed
  1. Tribute to Christopher Columbus

    Tuesday, October 9, 2007


    He discovered the American Continent and the New World, but perhaps even greater than that, he gave me and other workers across the United States a day off yesterday!
    There are so many things that I would love to do every day....but I just don't have time. Yesterday I had the day off, thanks to my Spanish friend, and I got to do lots of things I never have time for. I started by getting our apartment clean and doing the laundry. Then I went to the gym...something I haven't done since...May or June. After that I went to the grocery store. I haven't been really grocery shopping for a long time. We stop at the store for things when we need them because once the 7am-7pm day is over, I just don't feel like going anywhere...not even to the grocery store. :) I spent the early afternoon making a big pot of chili in the crock pot...fall is a good time for chili, but it needs time to get good...time I don't usually have. At 3 I picked Jeff up from campus and we went to Orem to babysit Riley and Gentry for a few hours. It was an absolutely blissful day.
    I'm so thankful for a day to get caught up and spend some time by myself...doing things that I love to do. Now that I look at the day, it doesn't seem like much, but it sure meant the world to me to be able to do whatever I wanted with the day! So once again, here's to Christopher Columbus and the wonderful day I got because of him!

  2. 0 comments: