Rss Feed
  1. China - Pictures!

    Sunday, October 28, 2007

    It's taken me a while, but here are some pictures from our trip to China - hope you like them!
    xoxo
    On the way home, we had a 6 hour lay-over, so we rented a car and went sight-seeing in San Francisco... this is us near the Golden Gate Bridge...we also saw Alcatraz, and went to Fisherman's Warf.

    Jeff in on one of the watch towers...they are placed about every 150 feet and are made of brick. They look like the way I picture an old castle ro watch tower.

    Us a little way up part of the Wall - we'd already climbed all over everything behind us and our legs were tired....if we stopped, they started shaking. :)

    The Great Wall of China. For some reason I thought it would be smooth on top. Before we went, I overheard some other patients talking with one of the therapists about how the chinese say if you've climbed the Great Wall, you're "the man". I didn't understand why it was so cool to climb it...until we got there. The wall climbs straight up and down the mountains and the stairs are steep enough that in some parts if you're standing on one stair, the next two are literally in front of your face! It was incredible.

    Tienenman Square...

    Some of the other patients and their families - this is Norman, who's being treated for Parkinson's disease - he and his wife Marlene (to the right of him) were my favorites. Susan was there with her dad who's also being treated for Parkinsons.

    Temple of heaven - this shows how huge it is..we were already half-way through and you can see how much further it goes.

    Temple of Heaven where the emporers went to pray for good harvests...we found some interesting parallels between the gospel and the way the Chinese worshipped. It was interesting to learn about. I wonder how the asian people fit into the gospel and when they were taught.

    Giant clock made of flowers - they have amazing landscaping everywhere...


    The underground sidewalk so you don't have to cross the streets.


  2. 4 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      Sissy it looks like you guys had a good old time. I am glad you got the chance to go...cause who really gets to go to China??!! I think you guys should come here this weekend. I REALLY miss you. I will even take you to get a pedicure or somesing. (Nancy got me a spa certificate for my Birthday...I am not a spa girl, unless I have a sissy to go with!) PLEASE!!??

    2. Candice said...

      So- I'm crazy but why did you go to china? It looks like it was amazing to visit- Anthony won a trip to Hong Kong on the Price is Right but we didn't get to go.

    3. Unknown said...

      ya!! chossy gave you the best idea in the world. you should come visit this weekend...no pressure. i don't want to stress you out. you should totally come even if you can't see everyone, i would do anything to see you since i don't get a lot of chances anymore. DO IT!!!

    4. Julie G. said...

      Loved seeing the pictures from you trip. I'm sure it was a whirlwind vacation, not to mention having to deal with jetlag and eating foreign foods. Did you eat any chicken heads? Eel? It's amazing how "non chinese" chinese food is here in America. It was great to see you! Good luck with everything.