Well...we're back! And how great it is to be here! Going to other countries and seeing the sights is super fun, but there's no place like America - no place like home. It's so good to step off the airplane and smell America - to see and hear familiar things. To be able to talk to just about anyone in the airport...not that I wanted to, but that I could if I felt like it.
We flew out of China yesterday at 12:30pm (that's Sunday), and got to San Francisco at 8:00am on Sunday. Weird? I would say so. On the way to China, we went from Saturday to Sunday with no night. This time, there was a night, but it started an hour after we got on the plane and only lasted about 5 hours. My body wasn't ready for sleeping yet, since it had gotten used to the China schedule. Anyway, we got to San Francisco and had a 6 1/2 hour layover, so we re-checked our bags and rented a car to go sight-seeing. We went to Fisherman's Warf and saw Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. We went to the Ripley's Believe-it-or-Not museum, which is always a blast, and ate lunch at In and Out - a first-time experience for both of us. We got to Utah at 6, had dinner at Jeff's mom's house (sooo good), and got home around 9. Melissa came over to tell us that she missed us, and we missed her too! She patiently sat through our pictures, then went home. We went to bed around 11. My phone alarm went off at 6:30, like it always does, and like I generally do, I let it go off without going to turn it off, and went back to sleep. I got a text message around what I thought was 7:30 or 8. It was by boss, Matt, asking when we were coming back. The message was received at 11:54am. Woops...we slept in! :) It didn't seem like noon, my body still felt like it was going to fall over. I hurried to get ready and get to the office, when I got there, they told me I looked tired...glossy eyes with bags underneath them. Haha. I apologized for being so late, luckily though Matt said there's a clause in everyone's contract - the sleeping in after going to China clause, so I was okay.
Today my head feels fuzzy and unclear. I don't feel sleepy, but my body feels exhausted. I'd like to spend the day resting, but if I did, it would only make tomorrow harder. So I suppose I'll get to work and try to sort through the 209 emails I got while I was gone.
We took lots of pictures, which are all on Jeff's computer that he takes with him to school every day. I'll post those later. Until then.....xoxo
-
Coming to America
Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome back Jeff and Kallie! I read your family blog while you were away and I am so thrilled that Dan is improving. I am keeping him in our prayers. What a neat experience that must have been for you guys to visit there. Can't wait to see some of your pictures. See you soon hopefully around the holidays.
Love, Rhonda
WELCOME HOME!!!! Hey... I tagged you, check my blog :)