Rss Feed
  1. September Update

    Thursday, October 4, 2007

    So...I'm a little bit of a hypocrite...Every day I check a few blogs to see what's going on - I always check Sarah's, Melody's and now Chelsea's and am quite disappointed when there's nothing new. I love reading their thoughts and ideas and I love hearing what's going on in their lives - with pictures sometimes! And then there's me..I haven't posted on my blog for a good solid month. I intend to a lot, but never seem to get around to it. Good thing Melody wrote me this morning and told me it's time for an update. :)

    Life is generally the same as it was the last time I posted. Jeff and I are both working at Superior Lending and we manage Heather Cove Apartments. Jeff started school again in September and is working hard to juggle everything. Lately we've both been feeling pretty tired, but things are good.

    Our goal right now is to pay off all our debts and start investing. About a year ago, I met a guy named Chuck - he's a loan officer at Superior Lending (although he only does that on the side...what he does full time is investment advising). I used to process his loans, so we know each other pretty well. A couple of months ago he was in the office and I guess I asked the right question because he started explaining huge things to me about investing. Since then, he's spent a good 10 hours teaching us about money and how to make it work for us. He hasn't charged us a dime. This month we'll start our first investment and our ING savings account. We feel so blessed to have met such a great person, who's helping us for no reason at all, except the goodness in his heart. He's taught us that knowledge and money create stewardships, and that the Lord will require a report on our stewardships. He's teaching us to create wealth in order to help other people. We're glad he came into our life.

    I threw some pictures on here. These are our 2 nieces, Riley and Gentry. They live only 10 minutes away and we love them SO much! Growing up in a family where we always had kids around, it does good to my soul to see them every week and play with them. I wish that Hudson were as close.










    This is my good friend, Malinda, who after living in the US for 2 years had to move back to Australia. She's a great girl and I miss her a lot. She was the first person who became my friend when I got home from my mission and felt so lonely. I'll always be grateful to her for that. :)




    Over Labor Day weekend, Jeff's grandma (Grandma Balls) came down from Soda Springs to teach me how to can peaches. Me, Grandma, Heather and Angie spent an entire Saturday cleaning, peeling and cutting peaches. It was good to be with all of them...and here's what we came up with-
    The biggest thing going on in our life right now is that Dan and LaNae (Jeff's mom and dad) are in China so Dan can get stem cell treatment, which is not offered in the USA. They're hoping that the new stem cells will take the place of his dead brain cells, and help him improve his balance and speech. (You can see their blog for daily updates - betterlife4dan.blogspot.com).
    Since Dan has to be in China for 2 months and LaNae can't take that much time off work, we're all taking turns being there with him. Nate and Heather leave this Saturday to take their week-long shift, and Jeff and I leave the week after that. It's hard to believe that this is really happening. These people truly understand "The Secret", which is really just faith and hope. Months ago it seemed like a dream, weeks ago we still weren't sure how we'd raise $50,000 for them to go, but they we planning and preparing as if it were all taken care of, and believe it or not, the money just showed up.
    We're grateful for the opportunities that generous people have given Dan - to seek healing even after so many years.

    So I guess that's about it for now. I'll come up with something else soon, and will try to do better about updating this thing. xoxo


  2. 3 comments:

    1. Tolmans said...

      So I LOVE reading your blog. Kudos to Melody for telling you "what for." I was logging on to yours and thinking in my head, "if I see 'Tucker fishing' one more time I am not gonna check this blog for at least 2 weeks."..... Sounds HORRIBLE huh?!! I check like twice a day because I Love updates. LOVE YOU!! :)

    2. Anonymous said...

      YAY!!!!
      I am so happy you updated! And your mom TOLD me you were going to China! How wonderful! I can't wait to hear how everything goes and see the photos...I love you so much
      Auntie!

    3. Anonymous said...

      Oh Sissykins. That was quite an update..you lead quite a life! I am ALSO glad that I didn't see "Wilkins Family Reunion" when I logged on...really glad! Good job with everything you are doing with your life. You are quite a lady. Love you.