Rss Feed
  1. We're ALIVE (mostly)

    Thursday, January 29, 2009

    Just wanted to let you all know that we're alive! The last 2 weeks haven't been the most productive as far as the house goes...we have most of the baseboards up, but they're not painted and as much as I'd like to I just can't get the motivation to get on the floor and paint them.

    I tried the other day...I'd say it went horribly if you want the truth. I painted for about an hour, but got tired SO fast plus I can't tell you how uncomfortable it was for me to sit on the floor and lean over this giant belly to get my paint brush to the baseboard. I ended up completely frustrated, but tried to push through it. Finally I quit, washed out my brush, took a bath and got in my pjs. (Jeff was working hard on his homework.) Before I went to bed (and when I say bed, I mean couch - that's where I am most comfortable these days, but Jeff was on the couch doing his homework so I had to lay in my bed which is too high for me to get into and hard for me to roll over in so that didn't help my attitude) I decided to let the dogs out to go potty. I let them out and asked Jeff to let them in soon. It wasn't long before Mahone started barking at the neighbors' dogs...awesome. So I rolled my big self out of bed to go yell at him (remember I'm still feeling SUPER frustrated at not being able to paint and feeling like such a baby for giving up). Jeff could tell something was up, so he said he'd go get Mahone. I snapped at him. Why? Nobody knows, but it made me feel really bad. So I went back into my room, shut the door, laid in my bed and cried for a while thinking about how lame it was that I couldn't help on the house and how lame I was for snapping at that sweet guy. It was awesome. My mom warned me when I was first pregnant that pregnancy is like PMS on steroids. I am getting the best of that this last month and often feel like I am quite literally on an emotional rollercoaster.

    So the end of the story is I have officially bowed out of the home-renovation circuit. I just really can't do it anymore and feel like I need to slow down and rest more and that will be better for Jackson than getting his house ready for him. When I told Jeff that, he made it sound like that's what he's been thinking all along and that he planned on finishing everything as soon as wrestling is over (tomorrow!). He is so great. I'm thankful that he feels that way, and that he doesn't make me feel lame for being big and tired. :)

    Anyway, I better get to work. I sure love you all! Family - I miss you more than I can say. It has been WAY too long since we've been up there. :( I hope you know I think of you every day!!

    xoxo

  2. 2 comments:

    1. Tolmans said...

      Oh Kal... I just love you so much. And frankly... let me be honest :) it doesn't get to much better after the baby gets here. The first 6 weeks are like PMS on steroids ON STEROIDS!! It is awful! And you still don't move very well, and if you over do it.. you will pay for. Just remind yourself and your husband(although he sounds like Steven.. just heavenly and so understanding. Stevie always tells me to just go lay down, when I have had one of those days!) that you WILL BE NORMAL AGAIN... someday!! I have to tell myself that often. This baby is so worth it and he's not gonna notice that your house is or isn't done... and no one else will either. YOU GOT TIME!! Plently of time... LATER!! I love you tons...let yourself rest.

    2. Julie G. said...

      One of the most difficult things for me about pregnancy is coming to grips that I just can't do everything physically that I want to and that I have to ACCEPT help! Look at all the things you've been able to accomplish so far, my goodness it makes me tired just reading about it. Take some Tylenol PM's at night and know that it will all be over in a few weeks and then you'll have a reason to be up in the middle of the night :) Hang in there.