Rss Feed
  1. 47 days to go...

    Wednesday, January 14, 2009

    I just saw the little feed on the side of my blog that says I have 47 days to go before this little boy makes his appearance. Holy smokes! I mean, it's not like I'm not constantly reminded that I am very pregnant. For example: trying to squeeze between things. For the first 26 years of my life it was easy for me to suck in and squeeze between stuff - a chair and the wall, stuff in our over-stuffed basement, etc. A habit of 26 years is hard to break and I always laugh at myself when I try to squeeze through stuff...it just doesn't happen...there is no sucking in. Other examples would be that I only ever want to wear sweats or dresses - everything else is too uncomfortable, my semi-hourly bathroom breaks, my beautiful vericose veins and those charlie horses that wake me up at night. I mean, yeah, I'm aware of my pregnancy and how far it's come.

    HOWEVER, I have been extremely distracted by this spur-of-the-moment renovation project that we decided to take on. For the last 3 weeks or so that's all we've done. We go to work, then we come home to work and we're usually working long into the night. My mind is in the mode of paint, texture, crown moldings, baseboards, etc and is SO far from where it was a month ago which was the mode of strollers, receiving blankets and diapers. It's a nice distraction and has made the last 3 weeks FLY by. Though it has been fun when I have a couple of minutes to myself to be reminded that there is a wee one growing inside of me and that it won't be long after the house is done that he will make his little appearance. And it makes my heart jump and gives me one more thing to be super excited about. Despite the wonderful distraction, I'm not going to lie - I am excited for the day (hopefully in the next week or so?) when I can come home from work and Jeff and I can relax, spend some time together not painting etc and think about this darling little boy and enjoy our nice new things. :) Maybe I'll even be able to make Jeff dinner! One thing I've learned in the last 3 weeks is that while I am okay at man chores like sanding and painting and stuff, I am much better and feel much more comfortable doing women chores - dishes, cooking, laundry etc. It will be nice to get back to that too. :)

  2. 0 comments: