Rss Feed
  1. My Christmas Dreaming

    Thursday, November 1, 2007

    I'm doing my Christmas dreaming a little early this year
    No sign of snow around
    And yet I go around hearing jingle bells ringing in my ear
    Your promise must be the reason
    The happy season is here
    So I'm doing my Christmas dreaming a little early this year
    -Frank Sinatra

    When I woke up this morning, it was a little chilly in our apartment. I looked at the thermostat, and realized that I'd turned it down yesterday. So I turned it back up, and got a blanket before sitting down to start some work before I went to work. :) It was lovely to sit there, in the warmness of a blanket that Jeff's grandma made for us, and to smell the heater come on - you know that smell when you haven't used it for a while?

    Once I was ready to go to work, I went outside and saw frost on the car. Instead of leaving just then, I started the car so it could start defrosting and went back inside to find a Christmas cd.

    There's so much magic in this season - something that brings us back to family and makes adults feel like kids again. In the car, listening to Harry Connick Jr sing "Santa Clause, Santa Clause, must have been old Santa Clause" and "Wooden Soldiers on Parade", I couldn't help but sing along! I feel so sentimental after listening to that...like I'm 7 again and eagerly waiting for Santa Clause to come.

    Then there's the adult part of the magic of Christmas - "What Child is This?" came on next. And I feel the same feelings of wonder and amazement...even like a kid again - not understanding exactly how everything works, but being so happy and grateful that it does.

    It really is the most wonderful time of the year! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

  2. 3 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      we will make you some perfect christmas music mixs when you come....its going to be soooo fun!!!!

    2. The first Christmas as a married couple is such a sweet one, too. I can still see our first little tree clearly. I can see Matt cutting the trunk with a bread knife, because it didn't occur to us that that would need done and we didn't own a saw. Then we put sugar in the water instead of aspirin, and it quickly died. But I still loved that little tree! It was so much fun buying gifts for each other, and getting ready for Christmas together.

      I'm so happy that you guys have found each other. It was awesome to see you last weekend, and see how happy and healthy you look. Enjoy this time- a part of me misses it. The kids come and bring so much joy and awesome blessings to your home, but in the meantime, the time with just the two of you is so wonderful.

      I hope to see you again soon! Love you bunches!

    3. Anonymous said...

      time for another post my sweet...........it is time...it is time......I updated mine today, now it's your turn....don't keep us waiting.

      Call me because I have to tell you the funniest story, ever.

      Auntie