Rss Feed
  1. Some Thoughts...

    Monday, November 12, 2007

    There have been so many things on my mind lately that I've wanted to post...and here they are:

    1. Mel, I'm with you. Are chocolate chips really that good anyway? My sister-in-law says "nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels..." Why is it so hard to remember that? I'm kind of afraid to do this again too...it's hard and I'm glad to be starting over in good company.

    2. We were in Soda Springs today - a tiny little town in southern Idaho. The stars are are so bright from the middle of nowhere. I loved looking at them.

    3. I was on my mission when the Pope died a few years ago. There were people in Brazil who were devastated. One guy even told me that the Pope was the guy who held the world together and that the end of the world was coming since he died. At General Conference a few weeks later, President Hinckley got up and offered sympathy to the Catholic Church, saying that the pope had done many wonderful things and that he would be missed. I wanted so badly to understand President Hinckley's point of view. I wanted his understanding of other religions and why it's good to hold up other churches, knowing that even though they're full of wonderful people and good intentions, there could only possibly be one true church. I tried and tried to understand it. It's been a few years, and I think I finally got it while we were in China. There are so many good people there - you can see goodness in their eyes. While we were driving one day, I started thinking about what it will be like when the gospel comes to China..and along with the true gospel, lots of other versions of Christianity. I thought about what that would mean for the Chinese people and hoped that none of them would be misled by almost-truths. But I realized that it's okay for someone to believe in half-truth if it makes them a better person and makes them want to do better and be better and help other people. It's okay because it's promised that everyone will hear the gospel...the whole thing with all the truth, and the ones who want to receive it will hear it and follow it. I think that's what President Hinckley understood. I was really happy to finally have an answer to that question.

    4. I love the peace that I feel with my mom and grandma and sister and my aunts. I love being with them and feeling their wisdom and listening to their soft voices. They are so smart and strong and nurturing and kind, and I hope to be like them in so many ways.

    5. Men are incredible. There is no one on earth that I feel safer with than my husband, my dad, my grandpa, my uncles. I know they'd do anything to keep me safe and I'd hate to see what would happen to anyone who tried to hurt me. It's such a blessing to feel that kind of love and protection from them.

    Well...I think that's about it for now. I'll put some pictures up later. Love you all!

    xoxo

  2. 3 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      See..look at that. You have so mamy good thoughts running through your mind, why wait so long to share them! Hey..Are you really doing Prism? Good get em!

    2. I love reading your thoughts. You're such a deep thinker- always contemplating the things that really matter. Thanks for sharing.

    3. Anonymous said...

      I love you so much.
      seriously....love love love you.
      wish you lived here......
      keep posting...you make a huge difference.
      auntie m