Rss Feed
  1. Terrified...

    Monday, November 19, 2007

    So today's the day...I quit my job. I will finish this week (and when I say this week, I mean until Wednesday) and then I'm done. I've looked at a couple of different options for replacements, but they all seem exhausting. I've had a lot of flexibility at my job...flexibility that I don't think I'll find anywhere else. But I'm tired of feeling trapped in a job that I don't enjoy and I don't want to worry anymore about whether or not I'll have a job next week. So back to my options - there are a lot out there, just not any that I'm really interested in. 8-5 would work...if I didn't have to be home working at Heather Cove for 4 hours a day already.... 9 hours plus another 4 makes for a pretty long day. Besides that, I am my father's daughter...I do NOT do well with 8-5 working for some other guy.

    Jeff has been doing mortgages and we hired a marketer and offered him a percentage of the commission for loans he brings in. I know that the right person in that job could bring us tons of money. I also know that no one would be better at it than I would...afterall I've got a lot more riding on it than some kid we hired.

    It's always been in my plans to work for myself...to leave the corporate world behind for hard work and a schedule that I create. (Hang on...this will come together...right....now) :)

    So I'm taking the leap. The opportunity is here, and I'm taking it. And it's thrilling, liberating and TERRIFYING at the same time. I've worked commission before and it's not easy to have to wonder where the next check is going to come from. But this is what I want - it's what I've always wanted and I suppose if I don't do it now, then babies will come and I'll lose the chance to build something great before Jeff takes over.

    I have a new goal to be more decisive and not ask for reassurance from others on everything I do...but just one last time, if you could just tell me it's going to work out I promise I won't ask again. :)

  2. 3 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      Wow Sissy! If anyone can do it, you certainly can! You are my little go getter! Jeff is lucky to have you sissy!!!

    2. Anonymous said...

      YOU CAN DO IT!!! ....definitely
      This comment might be a little late, but oh well.
      I love you tons!

    3. Anonymous said...

      I just saw this JUST NOW...and I AM IN THE SAME BOAT!!! AND WE CAN DO IT!!!! Leaps of faith that are followed because of tiny little angel whispers lead us to the most incredible places of our lives....or we fall there after we leap, or we get caught in Heavenly Father's hand and He places us where we need to go....BUT IT'S GONNA BE GOOD!!! We must talk soon......my day is just around the corner.
      Love you mucho
      Auntie...M.


      L