This is Jeff and Gentry by Grandma and Grandpa Schenk's door. You can't see it very well, but the sign above the door says "Parley and Pat Schenk". We were there yesterday for Grandma Schenk's funeral. She passed away this week - just 9 months after Grandpa Schenk died. I only knew them a short time, but could tell how in love they were. Grandma seemed so lost without Grandpa, and we were all very happy that they are together again.

This is the front of their old farm house. They were incredible people. I think Grandpa Schenk took Grandma on their last 4-wheeler ride just a year or so ago...they were both already very old and neither could see very well. Imagine - 2 94-year olds on a 4-wheeler! My dad sent me a quote on my mission that I can't remember word for word, but it said something like how life shouldn't end with us safely hobbling home. It should end with us sliding into home and yelling "Whew! What a ride!" These are two people who lived that way. :)
It was so fun to be with the Wilkins & Johnsons last weekend. Here are some precious pictures of the little Prince...
Hudson sat so still while Luke put a spoon on his nose. I guess he thought it was pretty important.
Waiting for breakfast, which turned out to be a 3-hour experience. Poor Hudson was ready to leave about 5 minutes after we got there, but he had fun crunching the leaves and showing everyone the leaf he found. Word to the wise - if you're in Eagle and hungry for breakfast, don't stop at the Original Pancake House. Make the drive to Meridian....even Boise! The wait was ridiculous. Most of us got our food 90 minutes after we got there. Jeff got his 20 minutes after everyone else had finished....
Funny story...I was raking leaves at the apartments a few weeks ago and I found a cone. It was on the little hill to the right that I was raking. I didn't think much of it, so threw it toward the sidewalk and kept going. When I turned around and saw all the leaves I'd raked and the cone at the very end I laughed right out loud. It looked like I'd put it there on purpose...like some kind of warning. It's not like there were shards of glass or sharp sticks or anything to watch out for...just a fluffy pile of leaves. It's still pretty funny to think about. haha!

Nice pictures sissy! I am glad that you posted them. You look really beautiful in the one in front of Schenk's house...beauiful sissy, as always! :)
I love your sense of humor. I miss it. :)
I'm sorry you guys have to be without your grandma for awhile, but how nice that she's back with her sweetheart. Hugs and love to you and Jeff's family.
thanks for posting finally........I love it when you post.
love you forever.
m