Rss Feed
  1. Need your Help

    Monday, September 8, 2008

    Hey everybody, I'm working on a project and I need your help, if you would be so kind.  Would you mind sending me your family traditions?  What kinds of family traditions do you have and how have affected you?  These don't have to be giant traditions, though I'll take any.  They can be small every day things that you did in your family growing up or that you do in your new growing family.  Traditions like: holiday and birthday traditions, every day traditions (like praying as a family every morning), Sunday traditions (one family I know has tuna fish sandwiches every Sunday after church), seasonal traditions (camping in the summer, canning in the fall, skiing, planting a garden, etc).  It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, but I would love to hear about the things you've done as a family.  Also, if you know of traditions other families have, I would love to hear.  You can email them to me at kallie.maughan@gmail.com.  Please pass the word along...this will really help me out!  Thanks a million!!

    xoxo



  2. 1 comments:

    1. Jennifer said...

      We're in the thick of some traditions today, and I remembered that I never posted this here. I'll email it to you as well in case you don't read comments back this far.

      Tomorrow is our anniversary. Every year around our anniversary we've been having a family birthday party. We have a nice dinner together, talk about how Matt and I got married in the temple so it was the birthday of our forever family, and whatever else we think of. We have sparkling cider in fancy glasses, too. Since this year is kind of a big one (#10) I'm breaking out our best dishes (not that we have fancy dishes, but the best of what we have lol) and made a really nicely decorated table up, and made Matt's favorite dessert. . . which brings me to another tradition.

      Matt is a Halloween nut, and his favorite dessert is dirt cake. It's a conglomeration (what an unappetizing word!) of pudding, crushed oreos, and cream cheese stuff that looks like dirt. We make that up and decorate it with candy pumkins, cookie tombstones, gummy worms, etc.

      In the morning, I'll make eggs benedict for Matt, as we had some that was totally amazing at the B&B where we spent some of our honeymoon.

      Christmas is pretty cliche- pajamas present on Christmas Eve, reading the Christmas story out of Luke before we open presents, and a nice Christmas breakfast, then having a quiet, relaxed day at home. We try to hit the grandparents on another day around Christmas so that we aren't dragging the kids around on the big day, when they just want to play with their stuff.

      I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I wanted to write that down while it was fresh in my mind.

      Love you!