Rss Feed
  1. It's a BOY!!

    Wednesday, October 22, 2008

    I know I promised to post on Sunday or Monday, but well...I didn't.  Maybe tonight I'll post again, but given my track record you probably shouldn't hold your breath. :D

    Just wanted to let you know that we are back from the ultrasound appointment and we are having a BOY!!!  He was too shy to show us his cute little profile...he kept his face buried looking toward my back, so we didn't get a shot of his face.  He didn't seem to like the doctor trying to get him to move his head around, and kept kicking me whenever the doctor tried to maneuver him around. :)  He was not shy about showing us his manliness, which is an answer to prayers.  [Side note:  I prayed for him to be cooperative not because we needed him to be, but because I wanted to know if he was a boy or girl, and I didn't want to have to pay for another ultrasound.  God is good and blessed me with what I frivolously wanted.  I love that.]

    Anyway, Jeff couldn't stop smiling, he is so excited and I'm sure is already searching online for a newborn singlet. :)  We did buy a couple of boy items while we were in Brazil too...a tiny little soccer uniform and a baby-sized soccer ball, just in case.  We're happy we'll get to use them!

    It's so good to know what we're having.  I hated calling him an "it", and the fact that we're having a baby feels more real now that we know it's a boy.  I loved seeing his little head and hands and arms...his heart beating, and for some reason my favorite part was when the doctor stopped to measure his little leg bone.  Like I said, I don't know why, I just liked it.

    We have the ultrasound on tape, so if you want to come watch it with us, come on over! :)

    xoxo  

  2. 7 comments:

    1. Chelsea said...

      I am so so so excited...really I can't contain it! I already went and looked through Hudson's baby box (what's left of it, I sold most of the clothes), but there are some gems in there that are gonna be precious on your little man. I can't WAIT to see what he looks like..he will be SO handsome! Nice Work!

    2. Heather said...

      Oh my gosh. He is going to be such an adorable little boy... congratulations! So excited!

    3. He's one lucky little dude! I can't wait to meet him!

    4. Candice said...

      That is awesome! I'm so excited for you

    5. Congratulations Kalkie!! He will sure be a little looker!

    6. Amber Feller said...

      OK we are making it a date!! Your house, we'll bring dinner, watch the ultrasound! I am thrilled!