Rss Feed
  1. Ya, I know. I've tried it before, and haven't gotten anywhere, but this time it's commitment - Kathy Wilkins commitment. I'm tired of being chubby, I don't ever want to feel like I have to wear shorts with my swimming suit again (which brings on the issue of whiteness...baby steps), I'm tired of making excuses and I'm tired of being tired! :) I'm ready to change my lifestyle and my body, and for the next 12 weeks, it's gonna be intense!

    I was really proud of Kristen a few months ago when she said 2007 was the first year she'd gone to the gym faithfully. I paid for my membership faithfully...but only went for like 6 months. And then there's Julie who's on a mission to get her family to eat more vegetables by working extra to hide them in her 2 year olds' food. I read that and realized that we had mostly been eating meat and pasta for dinner, cold cereal for breakfast and whatever for lunch. Thing is... I like vegetables so does Jeff....I don't even have to hide them! but somewhere in my subconscious mind, they didn't count for anything. There are no calories, so there is no value. I mean, I didn't really think that, I just hardly ever included them because to me they were just extra. Maybe that doesn't make sense.

    So I'm trying to be a little more like Kristen and a little more like Julie. It's only been a few days, but I feel pretty good about it.

    We're only keeping our gym membership for the next 3 months (how convenient...3 months = 12 weeks) - then Jeff's parents are going to loan us their bowflex. My goal is to not miss a day until then - 6 days a week of BFL work outs. Hold me to it. :)

  2. 3 comments:

    1. Julie G. said...

      Marc is currently doing the BFL program. He is doing awesome with the weightlifting, and running is getting easier. He doesn't really count calories or any of the diet stuff (since we're trying to eat mostly healthy anyway). What is really helping him is having his brother to work out with. It helps motivate both of them when they might want to slack a bit. Good luck! We'll be anxious to hear how its going for you. :)

    2. Good luck, Kalkie! I wish I had the discipline to do that again. Granted, I've gotten pretty good at the working out thing... I just suck at the eating thing. I, too, have made a goal to wear the swim suit without shorts on top! I haven't done that since I was about 12 or 13! I say if we both can do it, we all meet up at Redfish or something for a big anti-fatty celebration! Good luck, I know you can do it!

    3. Anonymous said...

      Oh the BFL days!
      I am getting my gym membership today too......
      I loved the few times in life when I took my shorts off on the boat, this is gonna be one of those years (minus the boat!) :)
      lots of love to ya.
      Let's talk soon....I am home and life is a changin.
      Auntie