I've loved Jeff almost since the first time we spent time together. Years before I met him, my dad gave me a blessing and told me that when I met the person I was to marry I would know it in my heart of hearts. And I did. I will never forget the way I felt on our first date. He took me dancing and I knew. I felt like I found something I didn't know I'd lost. I felt so safe and happy with him. And those feelings have only grown since then. He is such a good man, and I don't know what I did to deserve him. There is no one I would rather take this journey with. I love him so much.
-
My Cup is Full and Runneth Over
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I've heard people say that having babies increases your capacity to love. I feel like if my capacity to love were a cup, that cup has not grown at all, but it can't hold all the deep, tender and loving feelings that I have had over the last five days. I never knew I could feel this way. I have a hard time even looking at this picture without ovewhelming feelings of love taking over my whole soul and making me cry the happiest, lovingest tears I've ever cried.
I've loved Jeff almost since the first time we spent time together. Years before I met him, my dad gave me a blessing and told me that when I met the person I was to marry I would know it in my heart of hearts. And I did. I will never forget the way I felt on our first date. He took me dancing and I knew. I felt like I found something I didn't know I'd lost. I felt so safe and happy with him. And those feelings have only grown since then. He is such a good man, and I don't know what I did to deserve him. There is no one I would rather take this journey with. I love him so much.I guess the feelings I felt when I met Jeff are the same ones I feel now that Jackson has joined us - I found another part of me I didn't know was missing. He came on Saturday afternoon at 1pm. What a sweet baby he is. We love him so much and are so glad that he is here. He has brought us so much JOY. What a delight it is to get to snuggle him every day.

i'm so happy for you! he is a gorgeous baby and i know you will be one heck of a mom! CONGRATS!!!!
This post made me cry so hard...Not really sure why, maybe I just miss you guys. I am so happy for your perfect little family, and so thankful that you have Jeff and Jackson to share your life with! XOXO!
What a great post! I am so very happy for you!
Kallie, you have expressed so well with words a thing that is so hard to express at all~ I couldn't be happier for your new little family, what a handsome little guy Jackson is!!!
And thanks for the reminder of why I am putting myself through all of this pregnancy crud again...just a picture of your sweet new baby helps me remember it is all worth while...
Way to start the waterworks! You have stated so easily what is so hard to express. He is perfect. Amazing.