Rss Feed
  1. Pictures and Stuff

    Wednesday, March 25, 2009

    Here are some new pictures of the little man. He is a gem and we love him a whole lot. His routine is eat, hang out (he lays on the floor and checks stuff out), when he gets tired of that he has GOT to be wrapped up tight and snuggled, he hangs out some more, then goes to sleep and when he wakes up we start all over again. Not to make other moms jealous, but he also sleeps from about 10:30/11:00pm to 4ish, then again from 4:30am to about 7. I am spoiled. :)

    He is starting to get some smiles out. "They" say that babies aren't supposed to be able to socially smile for the first 6 weeks or so, but this morning we were hanging out and he gave me like 3 while he was looking straight at me. That's gotta be real!

    We went to the doctor last week for his 2-week check up and he had gained 4 oz and grown 1.5 inches! He is in the 90th percentile for height at 22 inches and the 50th percentile for weight at 8 lbs 6 oz. :) Tall and skinny...I'm sure those genes came from me...

    This one is from this morning:
    More hanging out today:


    Jeff was watching Jackson yesterday morning while I took a shower and wrapped him up just like he likes. He hung out like this for a while then fell right to sleep on our bed:
    This was a couple weeks ago...Sunday nap with dad:


    I was doing so well at posting pictures of the house when we were in full remodel mode...we've made a lot of progress and it's looking great - here are updated pictures.
    You might not remember the 'before' picture of this room, but it used to be completely empty - just yucky linoleum on the floor. It has really come around. I LOVE having the washer and dryer upstairs (they used to be in the basement), and I also LOVE these cabinets which came with the house, but they were UGLY brown and out of date. Nothing a little paint didn't fix!

    Our bedroom:

    The next 3 pictures are of the living room. It looks so much better than it did!

    I wanted you to be able to see the crown molding. Jeff put it up, as well as the baseboards and door casings. I love it. Luckily you can also see our totally modern and up-to-date ceiling fan. :)



    And last but not least, here is a little video of our little one. Just as a warning, it's a pretty boring video unless you're a nana who lives far away - this one's for you Nana. :)

    I hope to be able to post more soon! Love to you all!!

    xoxo


  2. 10 comments:

    1. melody ross said...

      this is making me cry!!!
      I love you guys so much....
      so soso sooo proud of you...so happy for you!!!
      xoxoxox
      can;t wait to hold this baby again and make lasting bonds so he knows forever and ever that I am his favorite auntie!!!

    2. Chelsea said...

      Oh sister....this is NOT just for Nana! This little man has a couple of Aunties and a little cousing (Hud) who got a real kick out of this video. Those were the most precious little smiles I have ever seen..."they" must not have had very happy babies. Love you sister, and I love this little man! See you sooooon!

    3. He IS a total gem! Very cute! And I am of no relation, and I enjoyed the cute little video! I am excited to meet him someday! Love ya!

    4. Kacey said...

      What a darling baby!! Congrats to you two. Your house looks wonderful. I'm glad he's a good sleeper for you, my second one is too. I know what you mean about the smiles - my second was cooing and talking to me at two weeks. Congrats again!!!

    5. Amber Feller said...

      Kallie! what a sweetie he is! And the house looks great! It's even better than the last time we saw it, it's come a long ways.
      take care!

    6. Anonymous said...

      I LOVE LOVE LOVE the video and the pictures and especially the little guy. OH how I long to snuggle his little neck and breathe in his baby sweetness. Can't wait til you come for Easter. I can tell you're every bit the wonderful tender mother I always knew you'd be. I'm so happy that my little grandson has such great parents...Counting the days...

      Love you, Nana

    7. I, too, enjoyed the video. I think it's for all the far away Nana's, aunties, and "uncles" if you will! I love this little fella, and I haven't even met him yet. Congratulations, and I hope to meet this little chester very soon!

    8. Christina said...

      He is so adorable, and your house looks great, Kallie. Sounds like you're soaking up all the bliss that comes with new-motherhood!

    9. Holly Lin said...

      Oh, how precious. Do you know what I enjoyed most about the video?... hearing the sweet baby talk from a new mother.
      ...he's pretty cute, too. ;)