Rss Feed
  1. Feelin the Love!

    Tuesday, December 2, 2008

    I feel like I just posted yesterday...turns out its been a couple weeks. Time flies!

    We're plugging along, working hard and trying to get everything done that we need to. We had a lovely break for Thanksgiving, when we went to Boise to be with my side of the family. It was super awesome to be there! Like I said, while we were there, Chelsea, Mel, Jen and my mom threw a baby shower for the little gem. I will tell you, I have some pretty awesome aunts, sisters, friends (and their moms) and of course anyone who knows my mom also knows that she ROCKS. :) We were truly showered with love and presents. Thanks to those of you who were there - thank you for your friendship and support...they mean the world to me! It was sooo good to get caught up with those of you I hadn't seen for too long, and I wished we would have had the whole day to talk and laugh and just be together.

    Anyway, I was telling my mom today how cute the bedding that she & Chelsea, Angie and Tess gave us looks in the crib and her response was "where are my pictures?!". So the pictures of the little guy's room are for you, mom. :)

    As a disclaimer before I post any pictures...I recently took a color personality test. Turns out I am equal parts blue, yellow and red with a little less white (dang...and I hoped so much to be more like my mom!). Anyway, I know it is the red in me...the part that doesn't want you to know that I'm not perfect and that my life isn't 100% in control...that fights against posting pictures of anything that is not perfect. Must be the blue in me that is allowing me to post these, even though the room isn't done yet. :)

    We bought this picture a while ago to hang in the baby's room - I loved it from the second I saw it! When I was little, we had a picture of Jesus with 3 little kids, and it never crossed my mind that it could be anyone but me Chelsea and Tucker with Him. Sorry about the weird angle...I had to do that so I didn't get a big glare from the glass. And PS the frame and mat were a $5 steal at Savers...love that!
    Bragging on my mom for a minute - she found this glider and re-upholstered it for us. We LOVE it! It is so comfortable and beautiful!

    The kind of full view of the room
    I don't know why, but I really like this picture of my friends talking and catching up at the shower
    Candid. :) 4 of my favorite gals in the whole world!

    There we were opening presents when there was a knock on the door - my old friend Chad and his wife came and crashed our party! It was totally good to see him and I'd never met her, so that was a treat. Leave it to Chad to show up like that after so many years. :)

    Johnson talk - again..candid. I love them!


    I just realized I don't have ANY pictures of Chelsea from this weekend. What an incredible woman she is! She had a baby 2 weeks ago - looks fantastic and is so peaceful and happy. And as if looking good and taking care of 2 babies weren't enough, she also put on a fabulous party for me and my guys. I'm so happy to have her for a sister!


  2. 2 comments:

    1. Alyssa said...

      whoa, Chad showed up! CRAZY!!!

    2. Heather said...

      Cute room, cute family... looks like a fun weekend!