Anyway, I laid there like a slug (it was my only defense...name that movie), and got up only to fulfill my duty as a young women leader and go to mutual. (Lucky me, the YW president had called and said i might be the only one there...everyone else was sick or broken or out of town or SOMETHING!) Mutual was a combined activity, and the young men were in charge. Need I say more, or can you just guess that when we got there and for the first 20 minutes of the activity they still didn't know what we were doing...they ended up playing dodgeball. Some of the other leaders and I stayed in the lobby, almost afraid to go in (boys that age seem to think girls are impressed by how hard they can throw a dodgeball...which may be true UNLESS they're throwing it at the GIRLS! Ah well, someday they'll understand?).
Anyway, my point in writing was not to tell you about our activity my point is that my body feels dead and tired and sick BUT the good news is that my spirit feels SO ALIVE! I feel so inspired I don't even know by what, to do big and good things. Yesterday in talking to one of my favorite friends, I realized that there are some risks I am taking in my life right now...not bad risks...but good ones, and I realized that there are some things in my life I might never see - rewards I might never get unless I take some BIG CHANCES! And at this point in my life I feel ready to take big chances. I want to do something so spectacular that I blow myself away - I feel inspired to take the risk to put myself out there and make new friends, to go visit the old lady down the street that I met the other day and really get to know her; to be the kind of involved and loving visiting teacher that I want to be; to keep going on some projects I've started and see them through to the very end and to keep trying so that I can look back without regrets and know that whether I "succeed" or "fail" I will have done something incredible and become something incredible just by trying with all my energy.
I am so excited about life and am excited to get some momentum behind these enormous projects I'm working on. I am thankful for this AWESOME feeling that has come out of nowhere, even though it came at a time when my body isn't feeling cooperative.
And here's my commitment...I am starting TODAY to do the things I've been talking about doing. TODAY I am putting myself on the path that will lead to the best me. I know there will be risks, but I am going to put on my crown ;) and be BRAVE! knowing that the risk is so much smaller than any reward that will come IF I give it my all.
I believe in me. :D
xoxo

Wow your nesting instinct has taken hold on a much nobler level than mine ever has!:) That burst of energy is a blessing my friend, you look so cute and by the way- Christmas Story.
Just what I needed to read, Kallie. I need to follow your lead. Thanks for being such an awesome example!
Just wait til you give birth. That makes you feel like superwoman. . .because you are! Pregnancy is no walk in the park. You're doing great!