We got some pretty big Christmas surprises from Jeff's mom this year. She has an interior designer friend who found out about a bunch of awesome carpet that was being discontinued, so she decided to buy some for us..she brought over the samples and we picked the color...it will be here in a little over a week. We've been planning on renovating this house since we bought it..there is a lot more than just carpet to do too. So.......we wanted to get the painting done before the carpet is done, and before we paint, Jeff wanted to retexture the walls and ceilings (which I am SO glad he wanted to do..they needed it BAD). And so here we are in life...our house is torn apart, furniture is stuck in every nook and cranny and shoved into the basement to make room for the work. Jeff's spent the last week tearing down baseboards and door moldings that are about a century old (and they show it!), and is now skim coating the walls and ceilings so that his buddy can come over and texture so we can paint so we can install the new baseboards and crown molding so we can get new carpet next week. It is going to look a million times better. I only wish I were more help! Luckily we both have some generous brothers who are willing to help us out.
Anyway, I wanted to show some pictures of what our house looks like. Only then will you truly appreciate all that Jeff has been doing around here:
This is what skim coating looks like...he has to put a thin layer of mud all over all the walls to get rid of the old gross texture:




way to go! It'll look great when it's done. Awesome your husband can do all that. Good to run into you guys!
Poor doggie in the hallway wonders what the flip is happening to his house! You're going to love it. . . fresh paint and carpet do so much. What color are you painting?
woohoo! its all so exciting! and it already looks so good! I wish Luke and I were close so we could lend a hand! Love you tons!