Rss Feed
  1. Overwhelmed...

    Sunday, March 2, 2008

    Let me first just say...I can't believe it's Sunday again. This week went by SO fast!

    I started a new job. It sort of fell into my lap. It's happened before...good things sometimes just happen without planning or aspirations. In my life, most of the really good things that have happened were that way - for example - I surprised myself with the decision to serve a mission, the perfect man I married wasn't the one I thought I'd end up with (but I'm SO glad I did!), getting a job at Custom Mortgage when I got home from my mission wasn't something I even thought I could do, but it happened! This new job is no different, but this time I feel a couple of different things: 1. I feel like this is exactly the right thing for me to be doing right now and that I've been "primed" for this opportunity over years and years. 2. Of all the things that I've come across in my life...all the direction changes and things that have fallen into my lap, this is the most perceptible. Maybe I'm just becoming more aware, but this new job really seems like it was dropped into my lap, and I felt it fall. I wasn't looking for full time work, just something to do on the side, but one thing happened after another and here I am one week into training with my new home office all set up. Funny how things happen. I'm totally excited for it!

    Anyway, that's not what I wanted to write about....

    I had a million things to do on Saturday and kept waking up in the middle of the night. Does that ever happen to you? I felt like everything I had to get done was a weight on my chest and I couldn't sleep soundly. I finally got up at 6 and got to work. Jeff had spent the night before getting my new desk all set up (he's so good to me), so I started by arranging and organizing my office..that led to a reorganization of almost everything in our apartment. (Side note: we grew out of this apartment the day after we moved in. We have WAY too much stuff, but have gotten creative and somehow it all fits. And it still will as long as it's only the two of us. We have a goal to stay here for the next 2 years and we're determined - no matter how many times we have to shift and rearrange to make things fit! :) ) But I digress....in my reorganizing, I found a box of cards. Some we'd gotten for our wedding, others were letters and cards I'd received from family and friends. Then today I came across another box of the same kinds of things, only it was from 2003! I looked through them and as I read the things people had written to me, I felt overwhelmed with love and gratitude for friends.

    This is something that's really been on my mind lately. There are things I wish came more naturally to me. I'm not very good at keeping in touch or having friends over and hanging out. It's much easier for me to just hang out with Jeff or Melissa or whoever's around. I get comfortable and that's okay with me. BUT I love the way I feel when I swallow my fears and insecurities long enough to introduce myself to someone new or get into a great conversation with someone I haven't known long. It's not easy for me, but I love it.

    Anyway, I feel really scatter-brained. It's 9:30 and my eyes are starting to droop...that's a sign. So whoever's out there and reading this, thank you for being my friend and for dropping by to say hi. I just love it!

    xoxo

  2. 4 comments:

    1. Christina said...

      Kallie- I love that I've found your blog and you've found mine and we've reconnected through this blogging world! I'm really wanting to plan a little get together at my house with all the old friends who are spending their days down here in Utah County (or Salt Lake I suppose- whoever wants to make the drive is welcome!). We need to figure out a good time. Congratulations on your wedding- you were a beautiful bride and seem to be having so much fun! Sorry this comment is such a novel. Can't wait to catch up with you more soon!

      Christina

    2. Julie G. said...

      What is your new job? I completely agree with how things just kind of fall into your lap at the right time when you're living life the right way :) (and when you need it the most!) I'm glad we've "reconnected" I love hearing about what you're up to

    3. Chelsea said...

      Dang it! I left you a comment about this post last night, and it didn't save! I just think it's so cool that you wrote this, cause I have been feelign the exact same way. Things just have a neat way of working out. I love you sissy!

    4. Lori said...

      It was so nice getting to meet you, and I feel the same way about getting out of my comfort zone - hope we get to see each other again!