Jeff and I are on our way to see the Manti Pageant with our friends Lance and Ashley (and Jackson, of course). I am posting from my phone, so who knows how long I will last on these tiny keys. :)
I wanted to give you an update - things are going SO much better. I did end up having to go back to the doctor with my abscess. Instead of draining it with a syringe again, he made a little cut and let it drain all the way out, then left it open to drain over time, which it did for over a week. Ew. Glad that chapter in my life is over except for the tiny scar I now have. The doc seemed to be worried that I'd have one. I told him I didn't plan on showing that part of my body to many people. Phew!
I'm sure I'm not the only one who tries to figure out what I'm supposed to learn in my trials. Sometimes I've waited years to find out, other times the lessons seem more clear from the beginning. In this trial I learned a couple of things. Number one: nurse on both sides every time! :) And the more lasting and eternal lesson; the one I want to make a part of me is the great compassion I was shown by SO many people. Every person at my doctor's office knew who I was and treated me with kindness and empathy. My family and friends sent sypathetic messages and helpful prayers my way. One of my friends really showed me what womanhood is all about, which she has done more times than I can remember. Now I've. Been thinking about this post since she came over like 3 weeks ago - maybe more and I think it would be better for just her and me to know who she is...I'm pretty sure she'd be horrified if I put her name here. Anyway, she read my last post and was at my door just a few hours with a dozen beautiful pink roses, dinner WITH dessert, and on top of that a smiling face, listening ear, and the sweetest most sypathetic side-hug of all time. She didn't hesitate, she came straight in, ready to do the dishes, which I have NO doubt she would have done if Jeff hadn't already done them. (Seriously had she come 2 hours earlier, she would've found plenty of mess to clean up. :) ). Anyway, I learned from her what I think I should've known already. I know that several times I've thought about taking dinner to a friend and then hesitated or wondered what that friend would think about it. I know I've thought about taking dinner to her...she is SUCH a busy girl, and yet took the time to come and take care of me. That meant a LOT, and thank you SO SO much sweet friend! (And while we're talking, could you email me your chili recipe...that was a big hit with the husband! Also, I love you...thank you for everything!)
-
I made it
Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm so glad you're feeling better! And your yard looks beautiful.
Here's one more reason for your experience--it is forever burned in my mind and now I will always do both sides as I start nursing for the first time in a few months...! Thanks for sacrificing so I could learn the lesson vicariously instead of "in person." =)