Rss Feed
  1. We've been BUSY!

    Friday, May 23, 2008

    We have been so so so busy! We've been in our new house for a little over a week and are finally starting to feel settled. This has been a great weekend for getting work done. We spent yesterday doing some organizing in the basement and Jeff got the washer and dryer hooked up so we could start on some laundry. I spent a few hours cleaning the blinds in the kitchen and in our bedroom, which were GROSS! This house has been vacant for 6 months, and even before then I'm not sure how much attention it got. It's been an adventure getting it all cleaned up. We're anxious to really get started fixing it up. We made a video tour of it yesterday, which I will upload as soon as I figure out how... :) Tomorrow we're spending some time getting Jake and Corby's room all put together. They'll be living with us for the summer and will hopefully be working on the BYU Grounds Crew. It's been fun to get ready for them to come - we can't wait until they get here!! We have some bedroom furniture that we're going to paint so it looks better for them. We'll take pictures if I can find the battery charger for the camera and get it charged. :)

    Anyway, here are some pictures for you:

    This is one of the trees that was right outside our door at Heather Cove. It is absolutely BREATHTAKING in the springtime. Pictures don't really do it justice. I wish you knew what it was like to go outside and walk under it. No matter how many times I see it, it makes me feel like a little kid with a special, beautiful secret. I don't know why....


    I love this picture of Riley and LaNae at Zupa's. We all met for lunch one day, and Riley wanted cake afterward, so of course Grandma got her some. I think it's super cute.


    I made an herb garden the other day....and here it is! I'm a Food Network junkie (or used to be before we moved here and decided not to get cable cause it's a waste of time). Anyway, they always use fresh herbs and I hate buying them, so I thought I'd grow them. Since I planted it, one basil plant has died, and I think the cilantro is going next. But the dill, sage and parsley are lookin good!


    THIS is what our apartment looked like for at least 2 weeks. We were planning to move much sooner than we were able to, but we were ready! Piles of boxes were everywhere and really started to wear on me...I don't live well in chaos...we're happy to be in the house with plenty of room!


    Melissa Ray helping me take the first load up to the house...what a GREAT friend. Can I just take a minute to talk about her. Melissa is such a dear friend to me. I can always count on her. She helped us move and was with us almost the entire time we moved. She was willing to do anything from packing to loading and unloading to even cleaning. She cleaned out my fridge at the apartment! What a true friend! I just love this girl and am so thankful to have her in my life. She's like a sister to me.


    The fridge...it doesn't fit in the fridge spot. How sad...and funny at the same time. :) We've already taken the window sill off to try to get it to fit.....didn't work. So next will be the baseboard. If that doesn't work, who knows what we'll do.


    This is one of the rooms in the basement. What a disaster! We're not sure how we fit all this crap PLUS another room full of stuff plus the stuff we use every day - in our apartment. No wonder we were feeling squished!


    Jeff putting our dressers together. And while we're on the subject - I'd like to send a little shout out to IKEA. We looked at a lot of different stores for just the right dressers. Most recently we'd looked at RC Willey. We decided to go check out IKEA and found these dressers for 1/2 the price of RC Willey's stuff (plus the stuff there is a bit gaudy anyway). I love these dressers and knew they were the right ones when I saw them twice in the show room and loved them both times.

    Jeff mowing the lawn. It was REALLY long and now only 5 days after Jeff mowed it, it's super long again!

    So that's what's been going at our house lately. I will figure out how to post that video later. Jeff just got in bed, so I probably ought to head in there too. (I asked him if he had anything to say on the blog, and after some encouragment, he says, "hi" haha).

    Love you all!!!

    xoxo

  2. 6 comments:

    1. Chelsea said...

      Sissy I am so glad to finally see some pictures! I finally got some motivation to post some on mine too. I can't WAIT to see the house in person, and come stay there! Also, I am so glad that you have Melissa. You say she is like a sister, but to be honest, I think she is BETTER than a sister. Let's be realistic...would I clean out your fridge? Kidding, Naturally. Love you...See you soon...maybe for da forf a duli?

    2. I want to see it I want to see it! So happy for you- that's exciting. Miss you!

    3. Amber Feller said...

      KALLIE!! I am so excited for you guys! You look like you have a little work cut out for you, but it will be so worth it and gratifying to watch it all get done! Let us know if we can help you out! We would love to give a helping hand. :)

    4. Julie G. said...

      Congratulations! Owning a home is exciting, nerve racking, overwhelming, and glorious! :) Good luck with all the fixing up, I know what a handful that can be.

    5. Christina said...

      We have that same dresser in white in Addie's room. It really is a great piece! Good luck as you continue to get settled. We've been here 3 years and there are still things (aka the basement) I haven't really gotten "settled".

    6. Heather said...

      Congrats on the new house... that is fantastic! Sounds like it is keeping you busy- your dogs are adorable!