I've thought about what it would have been like for me as a missionary. Imagine me sitting in zone conference, listening to the AP talk about contacts or something else we could be better at and knowing that someday we'd go dancing, then have dinner at his mom's house, then get engaged, then sleep in the same bed....?
Or what would my life have been like if when I was a senior in high school, working at a dentist's office, someone would have told me I would end up doing marketing for a mortgage company?
When I was young, I always thought it would be cool to speak another language, but what if I would have known that I would actually do it?
Standing where I am in my life and looking forward, there are a lot of things I'd love to know about...things about the future and where our lives are headed. I'd like to know what's going to happen tomorrow and next week and next year, and where we'll spend our retirement. Whether or not things will work out with our investments and our careers. What will our kids be like and when will they come? Where will we live, who will we meet, what will we do for fun, what places will we see???
But looking back, I can see that if I'd of known what was going to happen to me and where I was going to end up, I don't know that I'd of made it. If I did, it sure wouldn't have been as much fun. Finding Jeff wouldn't have been nearly as much fun if I'd of known I would end up with him. Sure, breaking up with the ones before him hurt, but it was fun to wonder....is he the one? I wonder if it would ever work. And then finally meeting him, and liking him, then loving him and adoring everything about him. I'll pick that way any day. :)
So I'll take the uncertainties and all the fun that comes along with them. I'll try to forget the worry and the frustration that I sometimes feel when I can't control what's going to happen, and I'll try to enjoy the wonder and excitment that comes with not knowing for sure what's going to happen when I open my eyes in the morning.
(I sincerely apologize for the picture...it was the cheesiest smile I could find.)

True true. If we KNEW everything that was going to happen next, we might not let it all happen. Like if you knew you were going to have a nasty breakup, you would never date that person. But, we need all the experiences that we recieve from not knowing what happens next. That might not make sense, I am not quite as talented with my words as you are. Thanks for always giving such great food for thought...I am ALWAYS hungry!
Joy in the journey! I'm trying for that, too.