I have all but fallen off of it, which I would apologize for if I hadn't been so busy living life and loving it! :) If it makes you feel better, I blog all day long in my head - I am constantly thinking, "that would be a good thing to write..." and then I elaborate on it, but never make it to the computer. Oh well. I do need to be better though, I consider this kind of a journal of the goings on in our family, and I have a lot of catching up to do.
I'll start with something easy and as a bonus it's cute! Last night Jeff and I were watching The Office (our friends loaned us the first 4 seasons...we're on season 4 and had just a few episodes left). Anyway, I'd tried to rock Jackson to sleep, but he wasn't having it, so I laid him down underneath the little toy he has...you know the kind he can lay under and the toys hang down above his head? Next thing I know it's 1 AM. I had fallen asleep on one couch, Jeff fell asleep on the other and Jackson fell asleep playing with his toy. It was so cute! I would've taken a picture, but as my fellow mothers can understand, did NOT want to wake him. Sorry posterity. He slept there the entire night. :) Presh....
We have been plenty busy around here. Jackson is growing fast, and is currently watching a movie...yes a movie - wanna fight? :) Jeff is the one who discovered that he likes em, and we have a ton of cartoon movies that we bought in Brazil, so he watches them sometimes. They are in Portuguese, so we'll call it 'educational'. Right now he's watching The Fox and the Hound...or O Cao e a Reposa.
Told you he's cute, or maybe I didn't...but do I really need to? :)



Cute story on this one...I got up one Sunday morning and got Jackson ready for church first, then I laid him (wide awake) on my pillow beside Jeff while I went to take a shower. I came back 15 minutes later, and he had fallen over asleep. :)

As usual I have about 10 projects going on. :) Right now I am really interested in getting our yard the way I want it and so far it's going well. We planted an enormous garden - mostly from seeds. It's been really fun to watch everything grow. I have pulled all our weeds (quite a feat, if I do say so myself), and have planted flower seeds. I can't wait for them to grow. Jeff's project is to build a fire pit out of some cool rocks we got from our friends Lance and Ashley. Oh and a lady in our ward gave us some Raspberry starts, which I moved some bushes in order to plant. Aaand I made a rock. Well I didn't make the rock, but I made the words and put them on the rock and I love it. It's just outside our front door. We also bought a hanging flower basket and got these sweet metal chairs from Jeff's sister. I am excited to finish them and my next project is to find a small table to go with 2 of them on the front porch. I think it will really be something lovely. :)
These are the chairs I am re-doing. There are 2 of them. When I bought them (for $5 each at Savers) the handles were yucky old worn wood and the fabric was the brown color on top. I still have to finish putting the black/white fabric on this one and I haven't done any of the fabric on the other one. I think they'll look good - not bad for a $10 investment and a little paint and fabric!

A beauty of a hanging basket - just think what it will look like when it's in full bloom!

Chairs that I need to re-do. They need a paint job, and of course seats! :) I'm thinking black and white stripes for the fabric....what do you think?

The rock I made...well...you know

Our giant garden...Left to right: corn, tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, potatoes, beets, carrots, lettuce, chives, basil, cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, winter squash, peas and beans. I think that's it. :)
Other projects I want to get done are: organize the basement (what a disaster!), finish the chairs I started re-doing as part of Jeff's anniversary gift (sounds like a lame gift, I know...but it wasn't with all the other stuff). I have really started to feel the yard sale spirit, and I keep thinking about all the crap...urrr....treasure...that has filled our basement and I bet people would like it. Granted there are a few little things I want to finish before we have a yard sale, so I can sell them. Like the awesome old dresser that came with our house. It needs painted, but I already bought an old-fashioned looking chair to go with it. I'd buy em once they're done. That is, if I wanted them, which I don't. ehhhmmm... Let's see what else...oh - Jeff is going out of town for like 10 days this summer, which should give me plenty of time to get our kitchen done - yahoo! He'll have to retexture it before he goes, but then I will paint it, and the cupboards. I also have a little project planned for the countertops, but I'll let you know how that goes once it's already done. There are more old cupboards in the basement that I would like to get painted and put up in the laundry room...either that or I'll sell em. :)The basement. Yipes. How embarrassing. BUT you have to see before's if you're going to be impressed by after's...

The kitchen...my project for this summer when Jeff's out of town. Just WAIT until you see the afters! Hmm....maybe I should have cleaned up before I took a picture.

I spent most of the day today organizing the and filing our papers away. We had piles of papers EVERYWHERE. It feels good to have everything filed and labeled. Now I just have to clean up the rest of this mess!

Seriously, this yard sale idea gets better and better. Even if you didn't like Garage-Sale-Ing, you'd want to stop. It wouldn't be one of those yard sales where you drive by and see 8 piles of clothes on the grass and one table full of ugly clocks, water-stained pictures, and smelly old books. You wouldn't be able to resist stopping and we'd take all your money because you also wouldn't be able to resist buying all our crap. That is a project for later in the summer. For now, my first project is my hair. I color it myself these days, but I need a haircut B A D. I think I'll color it tonight and get it cut on Saturday. Ooooooohhh....can't wait!
Anyway, I'll write more later. Like I said, I have lots of blog posts in my mind I really need to get them written out. Stay tuned for my thoughts on "try".
xoxo



maybe i should come when jeff goes out of town? i am a good little worker....minus these 2 kids of mine! :) love you!
I think that I would also love to come for when Jeff is gone!! :) I'm a good worker too, and I aint gots no chillings :)
I love all the pictures of your sweet baby and the updates! It sounds like everything's going great for you!