Rss Feed
  1. Something I'll never understand is why God is as generous as he is with his children. I mean, I feel like I do okay in life...I certainly try hard, but I'm FAR from perfect. Far from even doing all the things I know I should do, not to mention all the things that I could do. In spite of that, God seems to pour out blessings on me and my family.

    Why after 20 years of hoping and praying and wishing did my family come together - ALL of my brothers and sisters - in one weekend that changed our life together? There are lots of families who wish for that, and pray and fast for that, and I don't understand why some wait an eternity, and others wait just 20 years that seems like an eternity. Or why did Chuck Loveday, a co-worker and financial planner, out of the blue, offer to sit down with Jeff and I and talk about investing last week right when Jeff and I had been talking about and wondering how to get where we want to be financially?

    I don't know that I'll ever understand why good things happen to alright people like us, but I think some of it has to do with others being willing to help. I think we all have a responsibility and a stewardship over the things we've been blessed with - once we have something, it's our job to figure out how to use it to help other people. And if I believed in coincidence, I might think that I've just been lucky enough to run into a lot of nice people....but I don't believe in that.

    I don't understand how, but I believe that there is a plan in place for every person, and all of our plans weave in and out of each others' plans. I don't understand how just the right person can show up at just the right time with just the right answers, but it happens. Or how God leads us to do things that we end up doing grudgingly, and through our moaning and groaning, he shows us BEAUTIFUL things! I truly believe that God has his richest blessings in store for us, and he's not waiting to give them to us all at once...he pours them on throughout our lives.

  2. 2 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      Beautiful post, Kallie. I have wondered the same things and am ever grateful for a loving, merciful, understanding Heavenly Father. Thanks for the insight.
      Love ya, Rhonda

    2. Jennifer said...

      You're way more than just "alright". You're really an incredible person. You surpassed me in wisdom and spirituality so long ago, and I've looked up to you. I want to be like you when I grow up.

      But I don't think any of us can really "deserve" or "earn" all the goodness that Heavenly Father gives us. The only sense I can make of it is the scripture, "Unto whom much is given, much is required." When we receive blessings, either monetary or spiritual, it feels like a stewardship to me. He must want me to do something, give to someone. We're all in it together, and He's given me something to share with or pass on to someone else.

      Of course I'm not always great at it.

      Thanks for your thoughts and your great example. I love ya muchly!

      Jen